The entire blog, by year. You may prefer to see these organized by tag.
- Travel a lot? Here's how to stay organized, like professors do
- To PhD applicants: A word about department rankings
- How to read a research paper
- My special-est email folder
- Does the world need one more blog about arxiv and double blind review?
- The not-so-great checked vs carry on debate
- A first lecture on time management
- Happy Blogoversary to me
- Context switching
- Where your brain wants to Go
- GTD Made Simple: Why I think the Internet needs one more blog post about "Getting Things Done"
- Why you should scrunch your face when you think
- My Top Conference Attendance Tip
- Viva la voce
- Early to rise, early to read research papers
- Taste in research, and the paradox of deciding what not to work on
- Mnemonic poetry and Guy Fawkes night
- Business Cards and Me
- A Threat to the British Monarchy
- Principal Component Model of Coffee Shops
- A Suggestion for Scotland
- Ubiquitous capture and the ideas file
- Academic ranks in the US and UK
- Proposal Writing and the "Fuck Yeah" Factor
- And can you teach me how to talk real slow?
- Future Work
- Jokes in lectures
- The cure for boring meetings
- Coffee versus beer
- My new favourite pages on Wikipedia
- The first rule of academic politics
- How I Make Coffee
- A simple trick to encourage lecture participation
- About to graduate with your PhD? One more tip.